Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Little Recognition of Fall

Cheryl at Thinking About Home had a series in October called 31 Days to Make a House a Home.  It is a great series, with lots of doable and practical stuff (one of my favorites is Hide the Ugly Stuff :).  One of the days was about celebrating the seasons, doing something to showcase the time of year.

I admire more decorative people, but I am not one of them.  Lack of funds, need to hide all my ugly stuff, etc. usually puts a damper on my creativity.  But Cheryl, as well as Brenda at CoffeeTeaBooksandMe, keeps nudging me along.  So, while a lot of things I wanted to do didn't get done -- a fall wreath, flowers in my pots, etc. -- I did do a few things, and I will choose to focus on those.  Here are some "close of autumn" photos:

A cozy fire cheers up a dreary day --
The little stool in the corner was a gift from my mother-in-law

A glimpse of pottery on my hutch makes me happy --

A wooden bowl of ornamental squashes makes a simple centerpiece --

Candles are ready to warm up the evening --
These candlestands were made for me by a friend's father

Cinnamon-scented pinecones sit in a silvery bowl on a shelf --

After many months of procrastination, a chalkboard (made from a metal sign) is now hanging in my back hall --
My husband was the first to try out the chalk
Little pumpkins are marching across the mantel --

knowing that soon enough they will be replaced by Christmas stockings --

Enjoy these last few days of November before the Christmas season begins!

1 comment:

  1. Angela...I am so humbled by your kind words about my series! It is so heartening to know that someone actually reads what you've written...and how much more to know that they've been inspired to do something!

    But, oh, you have placed some delightful seasonal touches around your home. I truly love them all, although the bowl of ornamental squashes probably calls my name the loudest. ;-) And I love how your husband decided to use that blank chalkboard to express his own creativity! Ha!

    P.S. I know you're enjoying your new stove!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment :) I've turned off anonymous comments due to spam. If you would like to leave a comment and can't, send me an email.