Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Giving Thanks

From Psalm 145:

"Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.  One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts......They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.

The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.  The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works."



This sign, a gift from my mother-in-law, hangs in my dining area.  It's easy to ignore it or take it for granted, but the words are words my family and I need to hear.  How blessed we are by God every single day!  It's so, so easy to keep quiet about our blessings and only voice our complaints.  And it is our children who most need to hear the ways the Lord has kept us and led us on our journey to "Beulah Land", as an old hymn I love puts it.



May thankful hearts surround our tables today.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thanks for leaving a comment :) I've turned off anonymous comments due to spam. If you would like to leave a comment and can't, send me an email.